Old 10-22-2009, 01:51 PM
omak

So for tips, I have a few - - Use a brand new blade in your rotary cutter.
The 60mm cutter will cut through fifteen layers of fabric like knife through butter, but only if it is sharp ... otherwise, it is a crappy shoot!
Use colors that definitely contrast, and when you are stacking them in preparation for cutting, go through your stack, making sure that the lights and darks are alternated ... or the contrasts are alternated. It may even be a good idea to carry out a color path or something, cuz what I did, ain't none too purty :?
I don't know if any of the samples will show up, but there was one piece that was smaller than the others ... bummer! I made sure that the short piece was in one area and I will think about what to with that tomorrow (Scarlett OHara is alive and well <g>)
And, IRON each piece ... I rarely iron until I am sewing them together, but you may see in my samples that the non-ironed pieces were not a good idea.

I believe you can see the short piece on the left side.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48001[/ATTACH]

This is when I realized that I had NOT cut enough times for eleven different pieces ... oh, joy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48059[/ATTACH]

And, this is the 24th picture in the series and the last block of the shuffle ... it is an interesting concept ... and I believe you will also find this technique in "Turning Twenty" series
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48087[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-48001.jpe   attachment-48059.jpe   attachment-48087.jpe