View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 09:59 AM
jilly

Hi everyone - I have just spent about 15 minutes of pure pleasure reading these posts!!!! And LAUGHING!!!! I feel SO MUCH BETTER about all the crap (Creative Resources And Products) I've bought! Let's see .... the Flynn frame - just eventually threw it out. The Fabric Motion mover thing - gave it away, I think. The "ergonomic" rotary cutter by Martelli - nothing ergonomic about it for me! Rulers galore. Books that I've purchased ... TWICE ... because they put on a new cover!!!!! Pins that are so thick you could tenderize meat with them!!!! Etc., etc., etc.
Now, for what I DO like - I do like the Accuquilt. I think it takes some practice, and as for the "waste," I keep most of that and make fun quilts where I just sew all sorts of strips together and turn them into houses, for example. The turning mat - I LOVE! I have the Olfa, the smaller one (sort of wish I had gotten the bigger one ... but I won't! !!!!!). It is great for squaring up blocks. And I LOVE EQ - it is a fantastic program. Quilting University online offers classes in it. They are helpful, but I think it is mostly a question of getting familiar with the program. I do have FLORIANI software, and they DO do free updates - I think it is worth it if you enjoy embroidery because you will never fall short.
Phew!!!!!!
Jil / Chicago area