View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM
quilt3311

Yes, when a friend of mine passed the whole church and reception hall were draped with her quilts. One even hung out full by the choir loft. Also have an acquaintance that lost her husband unexpectedly at 32 (he was a DEA agent) and perished in the line of duty. She said planning that funeral was the hardest thing she ever did, so she has her own completely outlined and arranged. she is only 38 but said it eased her mind to know it was taken care of just in case. She has done some beautiful quilts and plans to have them displayed all over the funeral chapel. One thing she has done is she is going to have someone passout a ticket to each person who comes to the service. What people do not realize is that she has assigned numbers to the works and the person with the ticket that matches will take that quilt home with them to remember her. The more I think of it the more I think what a neat idea. Also will keep people from fighting over her quilts or having them sold at auction. At least she will know that people who value her will have her quilts. Her family already have numerous quilts from her, so they are not left out.