Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 AM
cwessel47

Default Tummy time quilt for almost-here twin boys

My cousin's DIL is expecting twin boys in February. Grandma asked me to make a large giraffe themed quilt for them to play on together. The color request was brown, tan, navy, and powder blue. Giraffes were not in my stash. I got the brown focal fabric from another member (through the In Search Of section) and had lots of fun finding a couple other pieces on-line. Stash filled in the rest.
When the navy and white piece arrived in the mail, I was dismayed. It is 100% cotton as described. Unfortunately, the seller did not mention that it was drapery weight. It was too perfect to leave out but hand quilting through it was a challenge. I think it will work well on the floor anyway and last through lots of rough-and-tumble play and washings. At 64" square - the little guys will have a football field to play on!
I've got some of the backing fabric left over and have drawn up a pattern for little stuffed giraffes to add as my gift. Today's project!
Attached Thumbnails twin-quilt-005-d2-.jpg   twin-quilt-006-crop-.jpg   twin-quilt-008-animals-.jpg   twin-quilt-007-back-.jpg   twin-quilt-009-giraffes-.jpg