Old 01-01-2013, 11:58 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I am the 'Quilt Kit Queen' of the Land. I have so many kits that I had a big giveaway on my blog and everyone that left a comment won at least one kit. Some won a few. I have never been disappointed in my kits. Ever! I buy from Fat Quarter Shop, my LQS, different online shops, and always have extra fabric for stash. I read where people don't have enough fabric. I don't get it. I always have way too much fabric in the kits. I have drawers full of leftover fabric from my kits. I also buy fabric lines, i.e. fat quarter bundles, layer cakes, jelly rolls, charm packs and yards of some of the fabrics for sashing and borders and backing.

I am not great at picking out fabric and running around the store and finding different fabric that would work with it. I usually have to have a person who works there at my side showing me what goes well together and then I end up with a quilt that they like, not me! That has happened too many times, so I go to LQS that have quilts on the wall and the kits to make them on a table below it. I don't care if other people will have the same quilt. I travel to the quilt shops and won't see those people or their quilts. And I buy kits from magazines if I like them enough. But right now I have enough kits, that's why I had a giveaway, to downsize a little. I was overwhelmed and couldn't decide on which quilts to make, so I shared in the wealth and helped myself out of a predicament. Win win!