Old 01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
rwquilts

Quiltingmommy, thanks for your great questions! I will try and answer as best I can. To clarify, the entire swap is for paper pieced blocks...the twist is 3 1/2" unfinished blocks being swapped with 3 1/2" blocks. They are not part of the regular swapping. Some people don't like to swap 3 1/2" blocks, but there are so many cute patterns, so I've included them as a "twist" to swap seperately. In the regular PP swap, you will have the flexibility of making blocks from 4 1/2" unfinished ( 4" finished) sizes up to and including 8 1/2" (8" finished) size blocks. One of the challenges (but also one thing that's so cool about it) with paper pieced blocks is that there really isn't a standard size to use as with regular quilting with the 12 1/2" unfinished blocks. You will find when you look at patterns, a fairly wide range of sizes, so to give swappers more choices, I am allowing for the most commonly used sizes. When using your paper pieced blocks, it's easy to add borders to make them work with whatever sized blocks you desire in a variety of applications. Because I have no way of knowing who will join and what patterns people will be making, I can't guarantee that you will get exactly the size you send in, only for the twist. 4 1/2" unfinished blocks won't be swapped at 2 for one. There are many paper pieced small blocks that are far more involoved and intricate than some larger blocks and take more time to make. It just depends upon the pattern, but I can tell you that I will strive to swap the blocks out in as fair a way as I possibly can? I will try as best I can to make everyone happy. I've even been known to throw in extra blocks and goodies just because it's fun for me!

Okay, here are a couple of pictures to give you an idea of what I'm thinking colorwise. The first picture shows pastels with a white on white for backgrounds and the second picture shows more muted colors which I think are very pretty, but not what I had in mind for this particular swap. They remind me more of fallish, but not spring colors. I hope this helps everyone to better answer questions? Again, thanks Quiltingmommy for your great questions!

Attached Thumbnails pastels-001.jpg   pastels-002.jpg