Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 PM
auntpiggylpn

Default Questions about a Stitchmatic Electric sewing machine

Hello to all the wise people who contribute to this forum. I was out of town this weekend and happened across an antique/thrift/junk store. There were quite a few vintage machines and of course I held my breath everytime I opened a table! I found this really pretty metallic blue sewing machine labeled as a Stitchmatic Electric. It is in incredible cosmetic condition and the table really only needs to be cleaned and maybe waxed or varnished; not one single water stain on the top, I don't think a plant ever sat on it! I know this is a clone of something.

We got it plugged in and nothing happened. I flipped the toggle switch for the light and nothing. The belt is present and in good condition but isn't hooked up to the motor. The motor turned freely and so did the machine head. The needle went up and down when I turned the flywheel. There just didn't seem to be any juice going to it. I didn't see any frayed wiring at all and it appeared that everything was plugged in where it was supposed to be. There isn't an owner's manual.

I really like the looks of the machine and the color too and I like the table. I'm going to put out a white flag to the masterminds here to ask if it is worth going back for? The price:$10.00, yep ten one dollar bills!!!! We didn't have room in the car or I probably would have gone ahead and bought it. So does anybody have any input????
Attached Thumbnails head.jpg   serial-number.jpg   table.jpg   table-top.jpg