Thread: Sewing Machine
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Brothers make a nice machine but as they say you can spend 99-10,000 and what might be alot of money to you might not to another person. I got my brother sq-9050 at walmart, love it, used it today to work on a project cost me 180. It is lightweight use it for all my classes and travel. There is a brother pc-420 on amazon for 400 that has a lot more nicer features, made of more metal, a machine that is inexpensive but you can grow into. I had a babylock espire(brother qc-1000) cost 1800, had everything a quilter will need and then some. Its very awesome machine with many features. Then you have my dream baby or as I call it my car, cause thats how much it cost. What features are you looking for. You can find most well loved features in the pc-420, has many features of the espire without costing as much. Its the model of brother I recommend for those on a budget that want something a little nicer than the SQ-9050 type models. The pc-420 has needle down/up, automatic thread cutter, drop feed dogs, advanced needle threading system, the ability to adjust presser foot pressure, knee lift, all the feet for quilting that you need, a metal frame, and lots of decorative stitching. The harp is small but more generous than your sq9050 type models