View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM
terri bb

thanks guys! i am very glad i have good responses to this! NOW i will sew the blocks together and do the other half of the quilt top. my lqs owner Nona Davis ( i am SUCH a lucky gal to have her as a mentor! ) sparked me by telling me about the uneven blocks and the way they curve visually when put together. so of course i had to do a google search and in the process i found Barnbum's floral. oh Lord i can just imagine what that must look like on a bed in the bedroom in a dreary winter when all you see is snow! so now i have to make one of THOSE as well! i REALLY am enjoying this quilt; despite my 22 months of vast knowledge as i had NEVER sewn before i pretty much stick to the rules and follow the dotted lines. i am just now learning that you can be creative as well and let that inner beast out lol. its still on a chain, mind you, but i like the freedom of this pattern. and i have a tote full of scraps that need to be cut into strips. imagine that! teehee! thanks again everyone for the positive feedback. God's blessings to you and ill keep you posted on what the top looks like when it gets done have a beautiful Sunday!