Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
jennb

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
Jennb,

I love your new machine! Great score. It would be a long two weeks for me.
Thanks! I've been wanting a Pfaff ever since I saw the photos of the ones other members here have. I found one on a liveauction site about 3 weeks ago, and placed a bid, but they ignored my bid and it sold for half my bid. I was TICKED. They came back after the fact and said I didn't provide them a credit card with my bid, but there is no way to do that when you bid...plus I was watching it live and it wouldn't accept my live bid either. They were so rude to me on the phone when I called them. It was the particular auction house, not liveauction.

Anyway, I've been on the lookout for a nice German treadle, and aside from the Kayser I found in Colorado whose owner is STILL advertising it for sale and STILL not budging on the price, this one popped up yesterday so I snagged it as soon as I saw it. He sent me photos confirming it has a bobbin and shuttle too, so it has what it needs to work, and I'll get a drawer for it whenever. I have boxes and boxes of attachments so I'm sure one box or another will work on it.

Oh and I'll be spending the time figuring out where in the world I can put this one...I may have to move my treadmill to give this one a home.