Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 AM
NanaCsews2

There are several patterns and templates available to make the Wedding Ring Quilts using the solid arc. Depending on which one of these below that are used, there are other quilt patterns that could be made also.

http://frommarti.com/dwr.shtml
Marti's set has pieces to make several other patterns as well as the Double Wedding Ring.

I have the Omnigrid templates by Sharlene Jorgenson that I purchased at Hancock Fabrics. This and Marti's set appears to be essentially the same. There are several different patterns that can be made with these templates. This package comes with the thick plastic templates and also printed ones in the back of the instruction book. These are available online also.

I also have the Rings That Bind book with templates, thanks to a wonderful member here on the board. There are no extra templates to make other quilt patterns, but I am sure it wouldn't be difficult to use them in other ways.

One of my favorite quilting books is the Egg Money Quilts book. Came with the Double Wedding Ring cardboard templates and other templates to make her patterns throughout the book. IMHO, this is a good book for beginners to learn quilting techniques.