Thread: arthritis pain
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
TanyaL

Originally Posted by Barbshobbies View Post
I don`t know if I should tell you this, but some time back I sent this board this recipe, there were over a thousand hits on it and I must say 95% were good.
I took it for years, and now only when I have a flare up. You must stick with it for 3 months. BUT it works. Take 1#of WHITE raisins , put them in a quart jar and cover them with gin. Any brand will do. Put a cover on the jar and store in refrigerator. Every night before you retire, take 9 raisins. you may take a little Gin, but I don`t like the taste of it. This is an old Indian remedy and if you stick with it for 3 months your pain will be gone. Then if you want, you can keep taking it. I ran out of raisins and found that I could go a week or so with out it. Now I only start it when the pain comes back. Also if you can find the replies I got the first time I sent this in they are in the Archives of the Quilting Board.
Does it have to be gin? Not any other liquor? You say this is an old Indian recipe. American Indian? Before Europeans came American Indians used alcohol strickly for ritual uses and nothing in history records their making grain mashes. Gin is a grain mash alcohol flavored with juniper berries. It is a European drink.