Thread: quilting cruise
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Skyangel

I've been on 3 cruises and LOVED them, they weren't quilting cruises though. Two have been on Carnival and One was on Holland America (all in the Caribbean). To be truthful, Carnival was more fun and I never saw any stagering drunk people but the ships are SO big there is always somewhere else to go. I was so busy I don't know when I'd sew. I do buy fabric on a lot of my vacations and bring it home. I have my hubby well trained. He ended up on his own on Martinique after he did a snorkeling excursion and I had already walked to town with my Mom. He passed a shop with fabric (I didn't go down the same street and never saw it). He went in a bought panel that had a map of the island on it. I haven't made it up yet but got some fabric with cruise ships on it, and some with beaches, shells, ect. Lots of fun to have memory quilts!

I bought some special fabric with sea turtles on the big Island in Hawaii, took all 6 yards left on the bolt (plus other pieces). I had only traveled with a carry-on but hubby bought an extra suitcase to take home with some koa wood (he's a woodworker) and I was gracious enough to cushion it with fabric, LOL!