Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 PM
dabbler312

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
Ok for you U.S. that have sent internationally. What is the best way to do so. I went to postal today to get PR boxes to use.... one for U.S. and the other international... however there is a big difference in cost. U.S. for that box is $12 and some change and if sent internationally its $59 and some change. I'd rather just put the money in an envelope and send it to the SP than waste that much on postage. Money is NOT an issue with me however I also don't like to squander it on postage a whole lot more than what I'd be sending them dollar wise.

What method do y'all send internationally. Postal lady suggested I don't use a PR box and use a padded envelope and bring it in and it will be a whole lot cheaper.

I'm afraid I don't mail often except for swaps I might join so this is all new to me.

I've had several international swap partners over the past year - I don't mind - I did however have a mis-step when I mailed the first time to Canada - it's my neighbor north (I could drive there in about 5.5 hours) and my package was over four pounds and the shipping ended up being $49 and some change. Post master advised me that if I want to ship internationally to stay under the four pound limit, try to use a bubble wrapped envelope and make certain to tape it closed - I've been averaging around $20 or less on my international shipping the last few times.