View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 09:29 AM
reeskylr

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
We were in a Lowe's Hardware store and they were selling their base kitchen cabinets for 75% off because of some minor damage. We bought 3 sets and went to a Habitat for Humanity and bought a counter top for $19 to cover them, about 8' long. My son wanted to get rid of his desk in the same wood as the cabinets so I use that for my thinking desk, all the drawers have utensil dividers and they hold my cutters, scissors etc. I use baskets on top of the desk to hold current projects and fabric. The curtains are from a thrift store. Went to a hardware store and they were selling their wood cabinets and I painted it white and it holds about 500+ FQ's. Quilt tops go on top and in the cabinets below are batting and extra fabric. I have 3 of those white plastic roll cabinets with several size drawers and each one holds something like ribbon, elastic, thread, small scrapes etc. I repurpose everything. Our trash is just one small bag a week while our recycling can is filled to the brim.
Habitat for Humanity is a Great Store!!!

I picked up an old green desk there and a large piece of wood that has a slick surface. We set the desk out from the corner, leveled the piece of wood and put it on top. The area is large that it holds small shelves on the back where I put all my books, patterns and odds and ends. I still want to recess the machine, but it works for now. I also have an old four drawer chest that the DH put a 2x12 on top for my cutting mat. I covered it with some fabric and it works great. Although lately I use a small utility table by the machine for my mat at the other thing is a catch all. LOL

Here are some messy pics!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402069[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402071[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo-0001.jpg   photo-0002.jpg  

Last edited by reeskylr; 03-16-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: add pics