Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
leakus

When I was in the market for the first time I was looking into quilting therefore I wanted the "waking foot" function. Back then Pfaff was the only brand that had the built in IDF which is the walking foot. This alone made me looking into Pfaff only, then it was about the budget. The one I bought had the needle up/down, some needle position and 60+ stitches. I loved it and still do. Some years ago I decided I wanted to embroidery and looked into Pfaff again because I love the features. I bought different models until now that I upgraded to the Creative Vision.
I bought it when the Creative Sensation was put in the market so the CV dropped to 3K after being a 10K machine for 2 years. I love love the machine. I still cannot believe the difference when I am quilting in the free motion mode. The difference with the old machine as far as evenly stitches and easiness to free motion is amazing. I also love on this one the threader cutter and the automatic foot lift, which I cannot live without for applique which I love.
I don't regret the money spent. I cannot afford a 10K machine but settle with the used one from my Dealer which gives us the clients the best support.
Best advise, set up a budget, look into the features and how much support your will have from your Dealer.
good luck and let us know what you buy.