Old 03-29-2013, 03:16 AM
bobquilt3

I've had them all. Started with aSinger 60years ago. Went to a Kenmoore that was a real work-horse. Then it was on to Janome, Viking, bernina and I think there may have been a baby lock surger in the mix. Most were high-end machines. I now have a Bernina 720. (Have a Janome 300E for labels and stuff.) I traded in 3 machines, got a good price and it was still more than I ever paid for a machine. Is it worth the money? I doubt it. Why did I buy it? I am a gadget person and this Bernina dealer is close, honest, fair and extremely helpful. Of course you can sit right down and sew and do wonderful things But there is a huge learning curve if you want to get the very most out of them. I continue to take classes on the different feet and ways of using the 720. They are informative and stimulating and as a widow of 81, I can use these things. I make only quilts now and for piecing and quilting, I loved my old Viking Saphire but wasn't thrilled with the dealer. IMHO, think of the features you want, find a dealer you like, test drive all that you can and go with the best you can afford.

Last edited by bobquilt3; 03-29-2013 at 03:22 AM.