Old 03-30-2013, 04:24 PM
kiffie2413

For all you Texas "talkers"...I have to tell y'all () that I am up in the panhandle area...400+ miles north of Dallas/Fort Worth. Texas is like a whole "nother country" in a way...where I am we have highs in the 105+...and lows in the minuses...we just had 19+ inch blizzard end of February...with 70+ mph winds...I am in the country, so we had some tall drifts!!! I have never lived anywhere but here, so it is all I know...and I admit when I have traveled, I am always ready to get back home!! That being said, the last 3 years or so, we have been in a drought, and warmer than normal..I miss getting all of the seasons...as it seems like Spring and Autumn (my fave) get rushed thru...lol...I also looooove rain, so I definitely live in the wrong part of the state for that, there is much more rain from probably Childress south...One last thing is, when I tell people I am in Texas, several of my friends up north always think we never have Winter or cold...I have to "edg-i-cate) them about that...haha...
Take care all!
Kif
PS Jaba, maybe your hubby will decide to "retire" again next year...and you can "Come on over"!!