View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 04:33 AM
mom-6

I will agree with all those who are assuring you that it is not an age thing, it just a 'New kid on the block' thing. It happens in any kind of established group. Certain groups are more accepting and welcoming than others, and you never know going in which kind of group you are going to find. I've found that many people feel very threatened by any upset to the status quo. And as a newbie to the group, you represent a possibility of change. It is especially difficult if the group has been meeting together for a long time. That being said, you may find there are like minded individuals in the group who have just never spoken up and with whom you might develop a friendship and 'kinship'. It just takes time and effort to discover those folks.
I haven't found a group close to me that I feel that bond with, but my crazy schedule/ lifestyle doesn't lend itself to being part of a group other than this awesome online community either.
Best wishes on finding a local group of like minded quilters! And on the mean time have fun with us here.
By the way, you and my best friend of many years would get along great! Wish she were more computer savvy so you could get to know each other. Yes, she is most likely your grandmother's age, but loves doing the modern, artsy stuff. And complains about the "ole fuddie duddies" that won't try anything new!

Last edited by mom-6; 03-31-2013 at 04:47 AM.