Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 AM
nancia

i don't think my sweetie would even think to swear at me. i have the potty mouth in the family. i would never swear at him either, which is not to say i wouldn't use those words in his presence, they just wouldn't be about him. that is saved for when he's not there and said under my breath-- like when i'm emptying the waaaay overfilled trash and one of the hands that lets go whenever it wants to, lets go of the bag, and it spills all over the floor and we all know that's prime dog real estate, and is governed by the rule "if it has surpassed the 5 second rule, it belongs to the dog." vvery important rule. but somethings still shouldn't be eaten by dogs, but we won't go into that! i don't swear very often any more. don't want the dogs picking up bad habits. fortunately, my kids are faaarrr less spoiled than the dogs. they are out in the world. the dogs just interface with us and the vet. actually, the ladies are pretty well behaved. they don't jump up unless they're really muddy. and they won't put their face in your food except if it's something you really like. and only kitten drinks coffee. monkey drinks everything else. and don't tell me i shouldn't allow them to do this stuff. there is no "allowing" going on. they just do it behind and in front of our backs. dh, after 37 yrs has now got a grasp on the don't leave it on the arm of your chair while you just (fill in the blank) for a second. a second is like an hour and a half to a dog! puh-lenty of time to run across the house, snag the cheese and crackers and run back to where you were on one of your blankets and look composed and even sleepy.