Old 04-14-2013, 03:20 PM
DustysMomma

My runner is done except finishing the quilting, my least favorite part, lol. I showed my boyfriend my dilemma and he said "It's orange right there." That was good enough for me! Took a break to have some jelly belly & check in here before I quilt though. Reese's doesn't give a bellyache, ever!!! This Easter candy must hurry up & get out of my house though, before I turn into a house!

Yeah, I am a hoarder Elisabrat. That's why I have to pace myself. When I sold my house and put all my stuff into storage, my boyfriend talked me into dumping 2-1/2 pickup trucks full of crap. I'd lived in that house for 10 years, 9 of those married to a man who liked a full, cozy house, and I was moving in with a man who thinks that the less you can see of our stuff, the better, and putting basically everything I owned except clothes into storage. I pulled a bag of stuff out of storage the last time I was there & found a handful of straw wreaths, several spools of ribbon & about 5 yards of fabric. Oh yeah, I remember that. That was for the wreaths I made & sold about 8-9 years ago at the harvest festival at Dusty's school. Ooh look, a screwdriver....hmm, that's my ex's....oh Dusty!

I get the hoarding genetically though, I believe. My gramma moved in this brand new apt building when they finished building it & she lived there until she went into long term care, probably 15+ years later. When she moved in, the apt was sparsely furnished with what little her kids hadn't talked her into getting rid of. All the keepsake stuff was either in a closet or hung on the walls. By the time they emptied her apt, there was still room to walk comfortably, but mother said every wall was piled with things she figured she'd need for something later. She could make a craft out of anything, and if she'd ever seen an interesting craft made out of it, it wasn't trash & needed to go home with her. When I was there for my oldest half-brother's funeral, Dusty was 3-1/2 months old. The pack of wipes I was using ran out and mother threw it in the trash compactor and ran it before she got there so she wouldn't try to take it home with her, because that was something she always collected to put her other collections in. Gramma never took a to go box home from a restaurant though. She always had a collection of washed and ready to reuse ziploc bags in her purse. I don't think I'll ever get to that point, but I do have to watch myself or I'll take home that last 3 bites of sushi thinking it could be part of lunch for tomorrow!