View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 AM
romanojg

I just made my first label for my DGD quilt. I just created a frame in my embroidery software, pulled in a design of a cat (she loves animals) and put that on one corner and then added text. I put the yr, and what and who the quilt was made for, and my name since I made it and then at the bottom, I put Happy Birthday with lots of love from your Gi-Gi. Which I put Gi-Gi in () after my name to show it was the same person. I printed them out with varigated thread to match quilt and sewed it onto the back of the quilt. She'll always remember who made her that quilt and so will her kids. I've only given away two other quilts, one was a rag quilt and I actually embroidered right on the quilt fabric, my DGS name, his school (it was for his nap time) and the school yr. He loved it and there was no doubt in school who it belonged to. The other quilt I forgot to do the label but will make one and give it to the owner (best friend) and she'll sew it on. I think lables are really important and if I has special washing instructions then I'd include that at the bottom of the quilt.