Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 AM
gwanma

Smile stitch in ditch a copout????

Originally Posted by laurlync View Post
Well, whoever said this to you has obviously never tried keeping it in the ditch. As long as you are happy with what you are doing, just ignore the negative comments. Everyone should quilt the way they want, like and can afford, whether it is SID, FMQ or quilt by check. Just enjoy your craft and the wonderful smiles of those who get to use your quilts.
I think SID is the hardest of all quilting techniques. I have a really hard time staying in the ditch. I kinda feel that if there is any copout it's free motion. Never mind the mistakes...no lines to follow...oops...that's okay make it into a flower....I love free motion quilting!!! But to get serious... I agree that you should ignore those negative comments and shoot for your best. I stopped looking at all those complex quilts because they tended to discourage me. I'll know when I get to the point where I need to learn another technique. There's a great satisfaction in doing the quilt from choosing the fabric to sewing the binding. Keep on keeping on!!