View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 01:42 AM
sweetana3

We have had many who donated leftovers to the guild charity program. Once a quarter a bunch of us get together and cut the yardage into useable kits and then these are distributed to be sewn into tops. We have a monthly guild group meeting that is for sewing and finishing these into quilts. We can use most anything.

If you have a garage sale (even Eleanor Burns did this one), sell by the pound. A yard is about 5 ounces and you can post this and have a scale available. That way no measuring of any kind is involved. Fill a bag, weigh it and done.

A very long time quilter had a sale and prepared a flyer to hand out at all the guild meetings. I missed the sale because it was during Paducah week.

My note about garage sales: Even in our city of 1 million, it is hard to get out the quilters to buy someone else's stash. I have helped quilters advertise and yet only a few come to the sale and really expect to pay pennies on the dollar. My husband said this is because most (not all) girls and women really like "new" stuff and are turned off with "used" things. He found this when selling for a business. Good luck.