Thread: Rv trips
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
rjwilder

We have a 30ft Winnebago Lite Five, it's a fifth wheel, we already had the truck to pull it. We did not want a Class A (the bus type) and have to tow a car. We have 3 slides and that really opens the place up, one of the slides is in the bedroom. We have a dining room table with a leaf and 4 chairs. We leave 2 chairs at home and I sew on the table. We are both retired, no one goes with us except our cat. I try to have my project cut out ahead of time and labeled and put in ziplock bags. There have been times when I've used the picnic table to cut fabric and most RV parks have a community room with tables that anyone can use. We have never had any problem getting into a spot in an RV park, many have pull through spots if you're not good at backing up. Plan your trip, do the homework and call the RV parks and ask them how long the sites are. I like the RV lifestyle, no bed bugs and you can still cook your own food or go out. We have met many wonderful people on the road. Everyone always seems so helpful. We've made many friends, learned new things, seen a lot of places we wouldn't have seen. We have met several people from Canada who have come to Calif. for the warmer winters. We like the ocean and when we are there I sew outside, doesn't get any better than that. My husband likes to read and he watches TV, we have a satellite dish on the RV. We usually only drive 200 miles a day, by the time we get up, pack up and check out of the RV park and drive 200 miles, set up in the RV park, it's a full day. We do have a home, and we are home two weeks out of every month and gone the rest of the month. I leave the RV packed, clothes, linens, dishes etc., I have a second set of everything for the RV. As far as backing up into a spot in the dark, no problem, we always use walkie talkies and in the dark I use flashlights to see and I lay those glow sticks that kids use on the ground where I want my husband to air for and then I just keep talking to him and give directs while he backs up. I'd say go for it, life is too short, have fun and enjoy yourself.