Thread: Rv trips
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:47 PM
JoyjoyMarie

We love our RV! Because 1) no worries about Bedbugs and sanitation 2) No worries about finding a rest area for a john 3) The cats get to go too 4)We don't have to search out restaurants which serve vegetarian food (which can be a real pain) 5) so far, we can meander as we wish without worrying about advance reservations. 6) We can ENJOY NATURE in our beautiful national and state parks 7) We love traveling the USA - no change of language to deal with. 8) We can visit family clear across the country and still have our own digs to retreat to - (DH is somewhat of a hermit) 9) we can take the motorcycle or bikes on the rack on the back so we can get around when we are parked. 10)Walmart is so helpful to the budget on the way anywhere - we feel relatively safe there, and usually want some fresh produce or (Bad girl) donuts anyway.

Ours isn't as fancy as the new ones with bump outs, but the last owner bought a new mattress and new couch, and its great for our very limited budget. I can drive it, but DH loves driving and I love knitting or reading so you know who books most of the miles. He is mechanical and a problem solver which is good when it comes to those details. I haven't taken quilting projects on our trips - too busy enjoying books, puzzles, conversations, photography, sight seeing, and hiking. If we keep taking longer trips, I may consider taking a project or two, but I like my quilting here at home with all my spread out space in the basement.

Everybody is different - hope you find whatever is a fit for you and have a great time!