Thread: Rv trips
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 06:49 PM
katykwilt

We just picked up what will probably be our last RV today. It's a 36' Coachman Express travel trailer with 3 slides. We have camped in everything from tents to a pop-up camper on a pickup, 3 motor homes and 2 travel trailers. This last one was bought with my hobby in mind. There may be two of us, but the back bedroom has a slide out and is bunkhouse style, meaning (in this case) there are bunks on each side . The one on the left is above the outdoor kitchen, the one on the right is above two chair type futons. It lifts when not in use and under it, with the removal of the futons, will be the place where I put a table and my sewing machine. The living area has two slides, one by the door holds the kitchen, the other covers the dinette and couch. There is also an island where the sink is, a good sized TV and can be swung around to that back bedroom is DH isn't using it. It sits on an electric fireplace. This particular unit has the short queen bed in the front bedroom, but we've found that no problem with this as long is there is space at the end of the bed. I can't wait to hit the road. About 15 years ago we purchased a life time membership with a campground program here in Michigan. There are 5 well maintained campground we can go to for 2 weeks at a time (one week off - then repeat) at no extra cost. However, we like to travel cross-country. Now, I'm not sure I will be doing much driving (esp. backing up) with this unit -- but if needed, reckon I could. I drove a 30' class C motor home by myself from AZ to MT to MI. Would rather have company, but learned to handle problems as they came up (like getting 2 new tires in UT on a Sunday, driving through the edge of a wildfire, needing two more tires in MT, & fixing a few other things.) There is so much to see and to pick up on the thoughts of several others -- I like my own clean sheets to sleep on, like taking my critters who are old and need constant meds, and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow campers. Hope you enjoy your unit!