View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 06:52 AM
urgodschild2

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
FrenchFryQueen - - -

RE: ". . Has there ever been a swap on here where swappers got to request the specific block they wanted, and everyone just used their own fabric to make it? I think that would be fun."

Yes. QB has a swap called MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP. Participants may choose either a theme, i.e., Christmas, 30's, patriotic, etc., or a particular block. My swap partner this month has, as her choice, is the Carpenter's Star block. Check it out. It's fun.

Jane
To add to her question. I was thinking that it would be neat to have a swap where you send out to a list of people in your group and they all make the same pattern. In other words you would send the material like here in the boom but you would also tell them what pattern to use from the Quilter's cache or any other free site. So you would have them make your pattern with your material and any other colors or material they have to go with it but they would do the pattern you have selected. This would be different then the MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP where you are only swapping one block each month.

Or maybe this is a new swap idea and someone needs to start it. I would do it if someone sent me information on how to do it. I would give the 4 months turn around like April does.

Last edited by urgodschild2; 05-14-2013 at 06:55 AM.