View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 02:43 PM
cminor

Default Foot pedal or no foot pedal?

I just upgraded my machine. From a Brother Project Runway CE5000PWR to the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960. Clearly this is a plastic starter machine to a metal mid range machine. I was worried about upgrading to such an expensive machine - but when it went on sale last week at Amazon for $250.00 I had to get it. I have been looking at it for over a month and was planning on maybe getting it in June for my birthday.

Anyway - there are a couple things I LOVE about this machine. First of all the best thing is the auto thread cutter. This is an amazing feature. Add that to the extension table and I was sold. We went to Joanns to just see if possibley they had one there to try. Again - I was amazed to see it in action. They actually do 2 classes there for this machine and before the big sale on Amazon the one at Joanns was still quite a bit more.

The feature I didn't know I would like as much as I do is the ability to sew without the foot pedal.

All in all this is an amazing machine. If you see this baby on sale - snatch it up. Even for the experienced quilters with the big fancy machines this would be a great back up. The lady at Joanns said this is the highest level of the machines they have before you get into the ones that are in the thousands.

Does anyone else use a machine without the foot pedal? What do you thing about it? And do you have an auto thread cutter? If you do - do you think you could ever go back? I don't think I could!!!

I am in LOVE!!!!