View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 AM
ArchaicArcane

Oh! I don't know why I didn't think to mention it! Yes, most of the manuals are available online. If not on ISMACS , then on Singer's site most of the time. What sort of tension issues?

Hey Nan, I think that's a good idea for a lot of people. For some reason, I don't often have trouble threading a machine. (Elnas not included)

One thing I usually do when someone brings me a sick machine, or when I sell one is I thread it up, and tell them to take a photo with their phone. Then they have reference.

You can usually tell how it threads, just by the placement of the various guides and such.

The placement of the last guide will usually tell you which way to thread the needle as well. If it's pulling the thread to the right of the needlebar, it will most likely thread right to left, etc.

Did you put a couple of drops of oil right on top of the motor? They get hardened grease and such in there, and the motor "seizes". I bought a 301 that way, in a couple of minutes after the 2 drops of oil, it purred like a kitten. It's the one I took to our sewing circle last night, and it sounded and ran great. They're hardy little machines.