Thread: Vitamins
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 06:52 AM
romanojg

I actually take several vitamins because I have issues with that. All of the things you usually worry about after 50 for me is great but the vitamins are different. I go to the doc every six months to have my levels checked so that I know what my body needs. I don't guess and I don't take multi either. For me its zinc, Vit D, magnezium, I take Krill instead of fish oil. Krill is what the fish eat, you get the same benefits as with fish oil and none of the fish after taste. I only take it because its also a natural anti-inflamatory and I have back issues. My blood counts are great. My doc says I'm on the highest doze of Vit D of any of his patients but that's the hardest one to maintain. I get my iron and B12 checked and sometimes have to get an iron infusion when it drops down. I don't take iron because my body won't hold onto it so the doc says its a waste of money. I try to eat good and that helps. You'd be surprised at how much better you feel, brain, etc when "all" of your vitamin levels are good. I also take calcium too. For wrinkles, use the Nutrgena night time cream with retna in it. When applying any creams do a light massage so that it works the skin and helps it all to get absorbed. Do not massage around the eyes, those you pat to work in the lotions. Keep lots of moisture on you face. I carry lotion of some kind with me always. Make sure your sunscreen has zinc in it so that it actually stays with the skin and not sucked into your body where it may do more harm. I agree with others, first of all, go to a doctor and let the test results tell you what your body needs. Did you know that the only chemical in our bodies higher than zinc is iron so this should tell you how important it is. Did you also know that over a 3rd of the nation has a vit d problem; this can cause more pain along with other complications. Taking magnizium can stop leg pain,help diabetas patients ,etc.
We are all so very lucky in this day and time. With the internet at our disposal we can research so much, trust me I do. I also agree, I watch Dr Oz and then do more research. The main thing we all need to do after or before researching is not self diagnose ourselves or self treat ourselves because we think we found the issue. That's what doctors go to school for and we should go to them first before taking vitamins that could interact with other meds or even go on a diet or have a freind, etc tell us what is good for us. Good intentions are great but not when it comes to our health. We have to protect it as much as possible.