Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Elisabrat

Default oh oh a memory!

Ever get these flash back memories? I was talking about holidays and how much I love them when I remembered this fourth of July. I was about 14? My sis and I got all dolled up. I wore this red white striped shirt. so far so good. We were having this bbq and we got totally into the spirit. Put on our make up to match! red white blue stripes on the eye shadow. OMG. bold blue and pink and bright white eyeshadow. how hot we were. I recall thinking we rocked. LOL bandanas tied on top of the head, cool cool cool right? to be so young and silly and confident. what dorks! our house was 'the go to' house for the holiday. The neighbors ALL came over sat on picnic benchs on the lawn and my dad did the fireworks. they all bought little boxs and brought them over, maybe 20 people? and my dad bought the biggest box you could buy. Yup were were the house to be at. How lovely was time back then when people all got together.. remember when you could go play with all the kids on the block out front til dark? and there were like at least 12 kids? btw this was the early 60's. no worries then. or go to the park alone with just your pal and you were in 2nd or 3rd grade? walked to school by yourself even in 1st grade? boy life as sure changed for you younger parents. totally different lifestyle.