Old 06-09-2013, 06:25 AM
cheryl222

Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
The most useful tip I have learned in yrs. came from the QB. Somebody talked about how to make a bobbin holder using a pc. of clear plastic corner moulding for drywall (found in lumber dept. at Lowe's or Home Depot). I also buy 1 1/2" hooks.
My work table has wood bookshelves over it. For the space I have, I insert 3 screws at equal distances apart since I use a pc. about 26-30" long. I gently push the plastic pc. into the hooks & tip it fwd. slightly into a gentle V shape. It has the right amt. of tight fit into the hooks. The bobbins sit on it perfectly & you can see the thread colors at a glance. I made little cardboard triangles & glued to the ends so the bobbins wouldn't fall off the end.

There is also a larger plastic moulding that thread spools would fit perfectly on but I haven't put it up yet.

These mouldings are usually found in a barrel type container or a tall cardboard box sitting on the floor. They're usually a puzzle to find because most employees have no idea what they're for. One Home Depot even had the container sitting in the paint dept. so you have to challenge them to find these things. I really loved this idea.
Pat G

You should have heard them when I told them what I was using it for. They thought I was so clever. LOL. It really is such a great idea.
Could you please post a picture of this?