View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 04:00 AM
Stitch124

For decades I had a 1971 Kenmore and a Singer FW 221 that my mother bought for me when I was 15 so I could learn to sew on my own machine. Then a couple years ago I decided to switch from cross-stitching when my eyes went bad, back to sewing because I wanted to learn to quilt. Since then, I bought 3 vintage Singers on Craigslist: 401A in a cabinet, which I want to sell...no room for it, a Singer 301A, which I quilt on every day, and a FW 221 which I am refurbishing for one of my grandchildren. I also have two FW's that my neighbors gave to me when they heard that I wanted to have a FW for each of my grandchildren. I now have FW's for all my grandkids and the two oldest are learning to sew on them now. The other two are too young still. I would like to have a new machine that helps me with quilting large quilts, but the budget and space won't allow for it yet. I would love to have a HQ Sweet Sixteen, but cannot convince my DH that it would be a good investment. Ten or so t-shirt quilts would almost pay for a nice used one....maybe someday...