View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Robinlee

I have the following machines - Viking 754 I purchased in 1983 after I had made a wedding dress for someone. At the time I was using a Elna that my grandmother gave me when I got married. It spent more time in the shop then on my kitchen table. In 1986, I bought a Husky White 545 Serger, after making 5 bridesmaids and 2 flower girl dresses with loads of ruffles (this was my 3rd of 5 weddings that summer). In 2001 I bought a 7570 Pfaff embroidery machine. This was about the same time I was getting into quilting more. 2009, I bought 2 more of the Husky White sergers off ebay, one for me and one for my daughter. This one is my back up incase the other goes down while sewing for others. Sometime in the mid 90's, I purschased a 1914 Singer Treadle machine with $50 from birthday morning I had been saving for that special thing (in excellent condition). It was the first time I had been given $50 for my birthday. Just last early fall I purchased a Pfaff Creative Vision Embroidery machine.
I seldom use my first Viking now, but it is always there for a back up or to teach kids about sewing and quilting. It is not worth trying to trade off, I would never get the amount money it is worth now. So I save it for my DGD's (4), that I can't wait to teach. Each of their mothers know how, if they had the time, 2 of the 3 I bought there machines. My DS can also sew...........His sister's learned and so did he. He was the only boy, in school that would get called out of class to go help the Home Ec teacher fix the serger, if it wasn't working right.
So I have 6 machines and I been sewing since I was 7yrs. Mom taught me, while in 4H. Go green!!
So I guess you can say I have