Old 06-29-2013, 02:58 PM
danandsassy

Default Baby Lock Melody - opinions? Is this a good price for one?

So, I have been wanting to upgrade to an "advanced beginner" machine for the last year or so. I went to a quilt show last week and fell in love with the Baby Lock Melody. I've done some research online and this machine looks like it does everything I want it to do and then some!

I decided to start shopping around a bit locally and called a local retailer, and lo and behold they are on sale this weekend only for $899! The first shop I called would only give the MSRP of $1799 over the phone, so I'm thinking this is an awesome deal right? I only have til tomorrow to lock in that price though - I will need to put it on layaway for about a month anyway.

I kinda feel like I'm rushing a bit faster than I'd wanted but I really love this machine. I even spent some time on a Bernina 350 PE at the show and I still feel like the Melody is a better match for me. Does anyone have this machine that could offer some advice? Is this a good price or should I slow down and shop around some more? This is a big purchase for me and I don't want to mess it up!

Thanks so much!