Old 07-02-2013, 12:01 PM
KathyPhillips

All beautiful quilts, and I love your pond and plants!

Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
For my first paper piecing project, I did Judy Niemeyer's Wild Goose Chase pattern. I think she makes some of the most incredible quilts but I found paper piecing to be very tedious. Since I was always sewing on top I paper I missed seeing and feeling the fabrics. I think it will be a long time before I paper piece again. I wanted to make this quilt a UFO so many times, I really had to force myself to finish it. And that is the first time this has happened to me in the year and a half I have been quilting.

Trade Winds was a fun and easy quilt. I used the Mango Margarita Bali Pop and some of my stash. The pattern is available free online. I added an extra row on the bottom to make it look more complete. http://www.fatquartershop.com/free-q...ne-pattern.pdf

My final picture is of a new ironing board I bought at a large national discount store. It cost about $25. When I got it home I was shocked to learn that the ironing surface was not flat! Why would anyone make an ironing board with grooves in it? Please don't make the same mistake I did.

Elise

By the pond
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250013[/ATTACH]

Judy Niemeyer Wild Goose Chase
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250014[/ATTACH]

another pond picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250015[/ATTACH]

Trade Winds
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250019[/ATTACH]

Buyer beware of grooved ironing boards
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250021[/ATTACH]