Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Jim's Gem

Just checking in to say "hi" I'm up in Medford OR waiting for my precious granddaughter to wake from her nap. Poor thing is running a fever. We are supposed to head to Sun River but she got up at 4:45 and went back down at 5:30 this morning. It's 10:40 and she's still asleep.
I found a scale here at my daughter's friends house. I think it must be "off" a couple of pounds cause it says that I have not gained weight. I have a pair of capri's that are too tight so I'm sure that I have gained! At least maybe I redistributed my weight a little.
I have been away from home for 3 weeks now. It is tougher to make good food choices when you are not in charge of your meals. I have made some bad choices but have also made some good. Starting this afternoon I am with my side of the family. All three of my brothers and their kids will be together along with my parents. Only one brother's wife will not be there. I am coming with one daughter and my grand daughter. Another daughter of mine will fly up tomorrow night and drive back to Southern California with us next Sunday.
While here, we will get to go to the Sisters quilt show. I'm pretty excited about that. My daughter's , not so much. But we are close and I must go!!!
Anyway, my eldest brother's wife has her family on a very low carb diet so that should be good for me. there are lots of walking/biking paths so I should really work on getting out and walking and maybe even ride a bike a little.
Hope everyone is doing well with their food choices!
Gayle

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!