Old 07-07-2013, 03:04 PM
irishrose

Wow, too hot to be out walking the dogs but we couldn't wait until it cools off because the fireworks will start. They were semi relaxed so maybe we can get back to normal soon. I worked outside for an hour this afternoon. I didn't think it was too hot until I started sweeping the patio.

I have cutting to do this evening so I will cut a FQ from my acid green batik. Why that color? Because the cutter misunderstood me and cut more than I wanted so I have some to spare. I just used some in my ex's quilt for the nursing home. The staff likes it, though apparently some feel there should have been some red in it. Of course, that's what he focuses on and I hear about it. Tough.

I have to sew down the binding on a wallhanging for my daughter's sewing room (another mystery) then I have to decide whether to go back to an UFO or start a Labyrinth quilt or the batik one. Oh, I want to do a B/W D9P. Whoops, a 3 color Carpenter Star wants to get in line, too. Choices, choices.

My son is on the road today (13 1/2 hours). Safe travels for him and everyone else who has to be to work tomorrow.

Plan your meals - even the dessert or snacks so nothing sneaks up on you, drink lots of water and find a way to move your body. It has to work.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.