View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Hulalulu

The Huskylock 905, being a fairly recent serger, isn't going to be dreadful to thread, but will take some practice before you feel like it's "easy". There is a definite adjustment going from one needle, one thread and thread path, to 3-4 thread paths and 2 needles! There are serger quilt patterns. I use mine less than my sewing machine,and haven't used it for quilts as of yet, tho' there is a shop here that teaches several serger projects a year and one is always a quilt! It's another tool in the sewing room if you do home decor -- especially nice for pillow cases! -- and if you sew garments -- it's the go-to machine for knits, as well as seams in woven fabrics, overcasting and seaming at the same time eliminating the fraying common after washing homemade items. The Baby Lock automatic threading is wonderful, no ifs ands or buts, and the cost is appropriate for the technology you are buying. Check out some utubes on serging -- then decide! The Crafty beginning serging class would be helpful if you decide to purchase any serger.