Old 07-15-2013, 04:28 PM
BertieD

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Hey, can we call you Krazy? LOL I am so glad you stepped up, I would hate to see this swap stop. Hey I'm a poet.
BertieD?! Where are you? I am diligently working on your little piece. Remember, I said I was having trouble getting started? Well, I started. Twice. LOL What I call a "rookie mistake". Was doing the flip and turn method of binding, you know, right sides together, sew around, turn!! Key term here "RIGHT SIDES". Took a while to rip it out! But it is almost done. I just need to find one item for it. It is a crazy, applique, odd shaped, did I say crazy? Once I got started I just kept on rolling with it. I am quite happy with it, and I hope you like it as well. I just love this swap! Seeing what others come up with seems to spark my creativity in ways I just don't get anywhere else.
Hey, Buslady, never fear -- Bertied is here. Guess what I did today? That's right! My July mini doll quilt. I started about 8 am, no breakfast, no lunch, no supper til 7 pm, no talking to hubby all day (his choice) and I finished it all except for the label and I may add an embellishment or two -- have to think on that. I bet I took every seam in that thing, and there were many, apart at least two or three times! But all small glitches aside, I think you will like it! I'm just happy to have it 99% done! I was so late getting started because of other sewing I had to do that I put the foot to the pedal and kept it warm all day! I was determined! WHEW! LOL!

That being said it sounds like BuzzinBumble has been replaced as hostess of this group and we now have KrazyLisa? Looking forward to getting to know ya!

Krystyna, that was a beautiful prayer quilt you sent CrazyRobin (lots of us are crazy it seems, haha) Did you embroider all those sayings or do you have a quilt program that sews them out or were they printed sayings, etc. Just curious because I know you do like to do hand embroidery. That was pretty special for Robin, bless her heart.