View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 04:59 AM
Jratcliff

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
jratcliff

Can you put a little oil on the upper parts of the needle shank? Then try moving it using the hand wheel. It may be difficult. My Brother 3000 did this a few years ago, took it to the mechanic, and all he did was oiled that.

Good luck, RosieG
Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't try that although I did try to move the hand wheel. No go. That sucker was frozen tight. I just got it back from the shop and it's all good as new - in fact better. They did a very thorough cleaning and service and had to replace a part. On the thread take up mechanism there is a little copper ring. Evidently there was thread wrapped around the ring which caused it to seize up. They replaced the ring and now it purs. $10 was it. I hate to admit that only one time in my half century plus of sewing have I taken a machine in for service was about 14 years ago. That machine is still with me and works beautifully. However, the difference in how my emb machine sounds and sews is amazing. I would highly recommend having machines serviced. Soooo worth it. Jane