Old 07-17-2013, 06:39 PM
dabbler312

I'll way in on this one - I love to cook and most nights it's just me because Brian works the second shift. I'll make whatever I'm hungry for - a lot of nights it's some sort of stir fry, fajitas, or a meat/potato kind of meal. I love chicken alfraedo without noodles - just broccoli cauliflower carrots and chicken w/sauce - I make a mean homemade taco pizza ( I worked at Godfathers Pizza years ago and learned the secret). I like to eat and all that prepackaged crap they sell in the store is just not good food; I used to buy 45 calorie a slice bread until the loaf sat in the cupboard for over three weeks and it never molded or the texture never dried out - for bread that's just not right - now I stop at the local bakery on Monday and pick up a loaf of caraway marble rye - it's the best. I try to have dinner with my kids at least once every other week and will usually make something they like - my daughter's boyfriend grew up having dessert after dinner so I make certain we have dessert for kid meals. Now with the temps being so extreme (HOT) I grill more often. Each person/family is different in what they like to do.