Old 07-21-2013, 06:30 AM
dabbler312

I remember that I'm the giant to a little mouse and set a trap. I can deal with mice - I can't deal with snakes.

Got back from another shopping trip yesterday - we went to Country Threads - they have a fabulous collection of civil war fabrics and lots of small quilts on display - they also have wool projects and needle punching. I picked up a rug loom that I've been wanting since my last visit a year ago - they make the nicest heavy duty rag rugs - it takes about 15 yards to make one rug - YEA I'll be able to put my ugly fabric to good use. If you have a chance to look up Country Threads on line I'm sure you'll like their story. After we left the quilt shop we went into Clear Lake to the mercantile store - fun shop - sort of like going into an old five and dime; we also visited a few antique stores and then went into the Meat Cheese and Spice shop. OMG - I had the best Key-Lime ice cream cone - I usually go for the chocolate brownie ice cream but the gentleman suggested key lime and gave me a sample - it's now my new summer favorite. It was a fun day.

Today is my daughter in law's birthday - we're celebrating with simple grilled hamburgers and hotdogs - potato salad and pork and beans. A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

You all have a wonderful day.