Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 AM
dabbler312

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
ladies, i hate to spoil things, but i pretty much like all animals except skinks. i'm not saying i want them all in my house, but only skinks give me the heeby-jeebies! i've had mice, rats, a ferret, a chinchilla, guinea pigs, hedge hog, ball python, tarantula, lizards, hissing cockroaches and all sorts of others. my dh taught biology, and as proof he brought his work home i got preggers with daniel during his sex ed rotation. i taught pre-school and would take some of the beasties to my class. did you know girls aren't naturally afraid of animals till about 5th grade. then since they've noticed boys they fing all the other creepy crawlers creepy.

I usually like most animals and bugs as well - I was more of a tomboy growing up - my dad took all my dolls and stuffed animals away from me when I was five and burned them - told me I was too old to play with dolls. I didn't have much use for toys after that. Helped my brother with his bug collection and chased after butterflies - I still haven't figured out where the butterflies go in the rain - it was storybook I got when I was in first grade. Guess you're right about not liking bugs after you notice boys - boys can save you from the evil beasties - NOT!