Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 AM
irishrose

Unless we have new members this month under 10 could win. It's that first week when the losses are bigger that's such a help. Years ago when I went to WW, the new members dropped 6 or 7 pounds the first week and the older members cheered, but also felt discouraged. Remember slow and steady wins the race - but maybe not the FQs. Personally as much as I'd enjoy opening a squishy of batiks, I am truly just glad to be losing and not gaining. I am doing this to improve my health - my feet would love to carry around a few less pounds. If you think a 2 pound loss isn't much, try to hide two pounds of butter on your body - and carry them all day. Even that amount gets heavy after a while.

I need to get the new borders on the 'commissioned' job. I rebuilt the corners - the miter didn't leave enough to just use the binding as a narrow border without some trickery - no fabric available. The next issue is the mitered cornered - why did I help her choose a stripe for the border?? Adding batting will be easy, then I need to figure out the best way to add the backing. One step at a time.

I cleaned my closet and still can't get everything back in. I need to go through again without the 'I might need it someday' mentality. There is someone who needs half these clothes, purses, etc worse than I do. SA, Second Chance (for women's shelter) and Goodwill always need donations.

Pat, picking up after children of any age would not sit well. I think putting them in the beds is a great idea. "If you liked the bottle so much you can't bear to put in the recycle, then you can just sleep with it".

My chicken is fake, but very good. Pound split breasts thin, layer with sliced ham and swiss cheese. Roll. Sauce is C of Chicken soup. lowfat sour cream, garlic powder, chopped ham slice, cheese slice and pepper - no salt. No breading, no browning, so it's easy.

Have a satisfying day - whatever that is for your situation.

I AM losing weight and becoming healthier.
Judy

Last edited by irishrose; 07-23-2013 at 08:46 AM.