Old 07-30-2013, 03:14 AM
plume

Tish — foto's a.j.b... Kinderen kunnen wachten, wij niet

Tammi —
Plume, I wonder if the post on your 401 is a little too far out from the body, and rocking it back to clean it might have reseated the disks and given them less play. It's a guess. Technically oiling / greasing the under bits shouldn't have anything to do with the upper tension.
Which part is the "post" please?! Also, I oiled/greased all other parts too at the same time (top + side), this plus the rocking probably did it.

I'd prefer to get the machine uncleaned anyway. That way I know they didn't put something really nasty on it to clean it, and didn't oil it with 3 in 1 or something
I totally understand! Great pictures & machine btw.

Sheila —
Plume --Did you remove the needle plate and clean under there? Was lint or thread down there causing your problem? I'm glad it's working better! If you haven't tossed the felt already, trace it on a piece of paper first. That will make it a little easier to cut a new one.
Yes, I had cleaned under the needle plate the 1st time already, there was a lot of lint & thread & what I thought was hair and turned out to be the felt, lol. But the tension only got better when I added more oil & grease & rocked the machine! The felt is still in the garbage bin, I'll do that, thanks!!!

•••

I just got an email from my friend who brought me my 401 & table from Milan in his car. He's currently in France, to empty out his dad's house. Check out what he discovered there! He wants to sell it, I told him NO WAY. I told him to clean it up & offer it to his wife, knowing her, she would love it too. I hope he listens to me...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]427090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]427091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]427092[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]427093[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1865.jpeg   img_1868.jpeg   img_1870.jpeg   img_1871.jpg