Old 08-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Retired Fire Chief

Hey Brat, good to hear you are feeling good. My husband went through about 6 months of dialysis after his heart transplant and all he could do after was sleep the day away too. God gave us a 2nd miracle, his kidneys came back to life. His transplant doc keeps a close eye on them, he even wrote a paper on Don because he never experienced someone's kidneys coming back like Don's did. I told him they are stubborn German kidneys. Don't want to get too personal but is there a possibility of transplant in your future? Even after I went back to work I took Don to dialysis at 5 each morning and for my lunch hour I picked him up and drove him home and tucked him in bed. He said he didn't mind it, the people at the clinic were super, they put him in a room by himself because if the suppressed immune system, but it was terrible hard to watch him and the other people that were there every Mon, Wed and Fri. Love your neck of the woods, we were in Cody last summer when we went out to our niece's wedding outside Yellowstone. Of course we went to the Cody museum and loved touring the town. I have some great pictures of 2 big antlered deer eating apples in someone's front yard. We stayed at that cute motel that has log cabins, one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. And after the Cody museum I was starving so we asked one of the workers where we could get a good meal. She directed us to the restaurant just as you are coming into town, the one down by the rodeo grounds. I am vegan and wanted something substantial rather than just salad. The chef came up with a super meal and I was one fat little happy camper. So here's too Cody, beautiful place. I would think gardening would be decent there, probably needs a lot of watering? Oh, and don't give up on paper piecing. I just finished 111 blocks for my farmers wife quilt and never would have done it if I didn't have the paper piece patterns. All those little pieces and points came out great when done on paper. I love paper piecing.