Old 08-05-2013, 07:49 AM
lawsonmugs
Power Poster

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Got my name. We have swapped before!! Her "like" list sent me surfing (the internet) and finding things I didn't know I wanted/needed! LOL I ordered something for her, I hope it gets here in time to include in the box. This was a case of direct mail to her didn't make sense!! That was a hint!!
Beautiful Baby!!!!!!!!!! Being Grandma makes getting old a little easier to take! LOL
Off topic. How often do you actually sew something for yourself? Especially since I started these swaps, I haven't made myself anything! I have been wanting a new purse for a while now. Picked out fabric a couple of different times. Yesterday, I put it all away. I spent the last 2 weeks cleaning my sewing room. Put all my cotton fabric on boards and sorted my "scrap" bin into colorways. Each color got a plastic tote, about the size of a shoe box. As I was sorting, I kept out all the packed flower prints. I cut them up into 3 1/2" squares and 2" X 3 1/2" rectangles. Then I sewed them into a big pc of fabric, used texture magic to make a smaller pc of fabric. It is now all cut, the pieces needing quilted are quilted and tonight I hope to sew them all together and make, wait for it........A PURSE!! DH asked me why I was shrinking that pc of fabric, it seemed like a waste!! But he liked it when I showed him what I had done! Just had a thought. Hummmmmm! I have a little bit of the texture fabric left over, maybe my SP would like something made out of it! By the way. The purse pattern I am using came from a magazine I received from one of my SP's!!!
Please post a picture when the purse is done. I really want to see the fabric you put together for it also. Thanks Mary