Old 08-09-2013, 07:09 AM
dabbler312

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
YAHOO!!!!! YEEE HAAA! WHOOPIEE! Well I came to clinic today and one of the nurses brought in a bunch of cherries so I am taking home about 12 cups of sour cherries to make some syrup tonight with. Never made it but Jaba made me jealous yesterday talking about making syrup and jam with her cherries and tada! today some magically show up. amazing. yesterday the nurse brought in some zucchini cookies she made with oatmeal and butterscotch chips. She is now bringing me the recipe they were so soft and chewy and nothing like zucchini. I brought one out to Mr. Picky himself and he said those were the best ones he had ever had and he would eat those. REALLY? so now I can use up one of those oversized squashes and make him happy at the same time. tada!

When I've missed one of those oversized zucchini in the garden I found a recipe for mock apple pie on line - it used a lot of zucchini - less the seeds - it was delicious, I added more tapioca to the mix as it's a little jucier than what I like; flavors are incredible. I also use oversized zucchini in spaghetti sauce and make zucchini fritters - Brian's favorite is to have them peeled sliced 1/4" - 3/8" thick - dipped in egg then crushed crackers and fried - sort of like fried green tomatoes.